Nippon Steel Mixed Chorus
- 1947 Fuso Metal Mixed Chorus was formed.
- 1952 Renamed the Sumitomo Metals Mixed Chorus
- October 2012 Renamed the Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Mixed Chorus
- April 2019 Renamed the Nippon Steel Mixed Chorus
- Participated 46 times in total in the Japan Choral Association (JCA)
- National Choral Competition. Won 32 Gold Awards in total and 27th consecutive Gold Awards from 1987 to 2013.
In addition to participating in competitions and holding recital (once every four years or so), the chorus performs concerts at various locations where we have operations, such as Tokyo, Kashima, Wakayama, and Kokura, and hass been invited to sing at local concerts such as in Okino-shima islands in Shimane Prefecture and Koriyama City in Fukushima Prefecture.
In 2004 the chorus was asked by Osaka City to perform at an event named “Japan Harmony in Shanghai,” celebrating the 30th anniversary of sister-city relations between Osaka City and Shanghai City. This was its first overseas performance.
66th Japan Choral Association (JCA) National Choral Competition in Chiba
Photo: Osaka Photo Service Co., Ltd.
Press release dated November 25, 2013: The Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Mixed Chorus Wins 27th Consecutive Gold Award (Best in University, Company, and General Division) in Japan Choral Competition