- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Sports and consumer products
Our titanium serves not only to be supplied as materials but also provides appropriate solutions for customers in selecting materials to meet their productization needs and in overcoming challenges in processing. Our titanium is currently used in various products.
High specific strength
- Lightweight and High-strength. The following properties of titanium contribute to improving the performance of sporting gears, such as golf clubs.
Aestheticcs and status
- Our titanium can be flexibly ready for a wide variety of design needs through various combinations of surface textures and anodising technologies. In addition, using titanium imparts a sense of status to the product due to its image of being rare.
- Titanium does not cause elution of metal ions and is highly bio-friendly, and thus is widely used in the medical field. It also is a very eco-friendly material.
Low specific heat capacity and low thermal conductivity
- Titanium does not feel cold even in winter due to its low specific heat capacity. It also is excellent in retaining heat thanks to its low thermal conductivity.
Application and adoption examples
Titanium golf clubs
Titanium wrist watches
Titanium digital cameras
Titanium ski poles
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.