- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
The Titanium Unit has constantly worked on activities aiming at global environmental conservation and reduction of CO2 emissions through continuous improvement of manufacturing technologies of titanium to provide superior titanium products.
Achievement of ISO14001 Certification for the Environmental Management System
ISO14001 is “the international standard on environmental management” which was established by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The Titanium Unit achieved ISO14001 certification and has proactively continued to work on conservation of the surrounding environment as well as improvement of environmental management systems within the manufacturing works.
We are going to lead these environmental activities, using the global-summit-class technologies we have realized through steel making.
Titanium is a material with low specific gravity, high strength, and high-corrosion-resistance. It is adopted due to these superior characteristics not only for reduction of weight and fuel consumption of automobiles and aircrafts but also to apply them to fuel cell vehicle components to contribute in creating a hydrogen community.
Titanium is also a material superior from the view point of LCCs (life cycle costs), giving a long product life to parts which require high-corrosion-resistance such as construction materials applied in port facilities.
Titanium is recyclable by melting in vacuum after appropriate pretreatment.
Nippon Steel and its group companies have electric beam melting furnaces which enable recycling of scrap and have established recycling technologies.
We have proactively promoted recycling of titanium as well as improvement of manufacturing process as activities for effective utilization of resources.
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.