- Mar. 11, 2022 Nippon Steel's TranTixxii and NIPPON STEEL Stainless Steel Corporation's NSSC220M featured on the roof of an international conference center in Jiangsu, China
- April 22, 2021 Nippon Steel to Launch ZAM®-EX high corrosion resistant coated steel sheets for overseas markets
- Oct. 01, 2020 Our new product "FeLuceTM" (hairline-finished electroplated steel sheet) wins the Good Design Award 2020 ～Our first steel sheet to win the Good Design Award～
- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Titanium alloys for connecting rods and engine valves
For their excellent properties, the high strength titanium alloys we have developed using our original chemical composition series are widely adopted for production vehicles, especially for motorcycles, in connecting rods (conrods), engine valves, and other parts.
Chemical Composition designing
- Our original alloys, Super-TIXTM series uses inexpensive generic additive elements (e.g., iron (Fe), copper (Cu), silicon (Si), oxygen (O)) instead of expensive additive elements whose prices drastically fluctuate depending on market sentiment, such as vanadium (V), chromium (Cr) and nickel (Ni). These titanium alloys are almost as strong as the representative high strength titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V.
- Our Super-TIXTM51AF has better property in hot workability than the commonest high strength titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V, and allows for manufacturing of hot rolled coils that Ti-6Al-4V is not capable of.
- Super-TIXTM51AF has approximately 50% higher specific strength (tensile strength/density) than SCM430 which is commonly used for motorcycle or automobile connecting rods.
* Density (g/cm3): Super-TIXTM51AF - 4.43, SCM430 - 7.86
- Super-TIXTM523AFM indicates higher room-temperature strength and fatigue strength than Ti-6Al-4V.
Application and adoption examples
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.