- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
We supply die materials designed to meet our customers' needs.
SD steel as plastic forming die material
- Pure steel made with a special refining method is used.
- Optimal heat treatment is used to produce steel material with little treatment distortion.
- Using fixed forging greater uniformity of the inside and outside structures is achieved.
Fixed forging reduces directionality.
- Carrying out special treatment, surface texturing is improved.
- Using shape forging, we can make materials that are close to the shape of the product.
Examples of shaped products
Die materials for hot forging SDH steel / DK steel
- We have the largest crankshaft forging line in Japan. We supply die materials based on the experience we have gained in its operation.
- We select die materials and surface treatments based on the knowledge we have acquired from the results obtained in the operation of our own line.
|Steel types||Standard||Hardness Hs (HRC)||Applications|
|SD18T||JIS S55C improved||30±2 (13)||S55C free-cutting steel with high thermal conductivity|
|SD77||AISI P20 equivalent||41 - 46（31）||P20 equivalent material with good weldavility, machinability and wear-resistance|
|Steel types||Yield point
|Reduction of area
|SD18T||430||720||25||47||38 - 44||30|
|SD61||666||872||22||63||88 - 196||38|
|SD77||859||969||19||49||41 - 46||42|
|SD100||911||1078||18||55||49 - 69||47|
|SKT4 improved||SDH21||B||B||B||A||For hammer forging|
|SKD61 improved||SDH3||B||A||A+||B||For hot forging|
Super [A＋・A・B・C] Inferior
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.