- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Crankshafts and front axle beams
We have a proud tradition of manufacturing die-forged products since the founding of us. Our production facilities include the largest mechanical press in the world, our 16,000-ton high-speed forging press line, a 10,000-ton high-speed forging press line, a 6,500-ton high-speed automatic forging press line, a 5,000-ton high-speed automatic forging press line, and a 35-ton-meter hammer line, a 50-ton-meter hammer line. We use these facilities to manufacture approximately 4 million crankshafts annually. The proprietary manufacturing technologies that we have established are also highly evaluated by our many customers.
Superb manufacturing technology and facilities
We have a variety of forging, heat treatment and testing facilities for all types of applications. All the products produced with these facilities are guaranteed to be state-of-the-art and of consistent quality.
High dimensional accuracy
Using high-precision forging presses, we can provide products with high dimensional accuracy, even for complex shapes.
Integrated quality control system
Using high-quality steel supplied by our own steel works, all processes are conducted under an integrated quality control system, right up to delivery of the products.
Selection of optimum material for each application
Using our own steel for all products, we can select the best-suited material for each application.
CAE-driven product design
We can provide CAE-based design evaluation technology to assist customers with their product design.
Well-developed functional evaluation technology
We can make various evaluations of the crankshafts, including single-component fatigue tests, material tests and so on.
|Major products||Weight ［kg］||Overall length ［mm］|
|Crankshafts||5 to 2000||300 to 3000|
|Front axle beams||30 to 150||700 to 2000|
|Aircraft landing gear||35 to 500||−|
We can manufacture various sizes of crankshafts for use from automobiles to industrial machinery.
Crankshafts for passenger cars
Crankshafts for trucks and buses
Front axle beams
Landing gear for aircraft
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.