- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
We engage in the design and manufacture of forged steel brake disks that are used on coaches in high-speed trains such as Japan's Shinkansen bullet train. Forged steel brake disks have several distinct advantages over conventional cast iron disks. These advanced features include high wear resistance and prevention of cracks in sliding surfaces caused by heat loads at high speeds. Due to their superior durability, forged steel brake disks are used extensively for Japan's bullet trains . Forged steel brake disks are applied in various ways. Along with being attached at the wheel, some brake disks are installed in braking systems attached at the center of the axle.
Features of forged steel brake disks
- Superior resistance to cracks from heat
- Significantly higher toughness to avoid fractures
- Superior wear resistance