- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
We began designing and manufacturing bogies (or trucks) for railway cars in 1924. Since that time, we have made full use of the state-of-the-art technology for each age to manufacture bogies meeting customer needs for higher speeds, for bogies that are light-weight and require less maintenance, and bogies suitable for barrier-free coaches. Today we supply bogies for Japan's Shinkansen bullet trains, for railways and commuter trains operated by private companies or public enterprises, for linear motor cars with steel wheels, for tramcars (LRVs), and diesel-driven railway cars.
Bogies for the Shinkansen must be built for safe and comfortable rides at speeds exceeding 300 km per hour. The utmost care is given to safety, and each bogie undergoes all necessary tests. Currently, we are engaged in an effort to design new bogies for even faster speeds.
We make the fullest use of the wealth of experience and know-how we have gained in the many years we have worked to meet the needs of our customers, including both public and private enterprises operating all types of railways. These efforts include the manufacture and design of bogies for linear motor cars. These bogies must be small in size to accommodate cars built low to the ground. Our breakthrough success in meeting this requirement has enabled builders to reduce the section area of tunnels to a minimum and to achieve lower construction costs. We have also developed bogies for tramcars that must accommodate barrier-free design featuring very low car floors.
Bogies for Shinkansen bullet trains
Bogies without bolsters for electric trains
Bogies with bolsters for electric trains
Bogies for subway linear motor cars
Bogies for tramcars with lower floors
Bogies without bolsters for diesel-driven railway cars
Bogies with bolsters for diesel-driven railway cars
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.