- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
We started designing and manufacturing couplers for railway cars in 1924. Since then, we have consistently manufactured this product for about 80 years. During that time we developed and manufactured many different types of couplers.
Our couplers are widely used on railroads in Japan and abroad in response to the needs of our various customers according to the type of railcars being used (electric cars, freight-cars, etc.) and the number of cars being drawn.
Currently, the main type of coupler is known as the Tight-Lock Coupler. It has no clearance between the contact parts to offer a smooth, comfortable ride even when the train is starting or braking. These are known as rotary-type couplers. They maintain their coupling with parts known as locks. This system is widely employed on the Shinkansen as well as other private and public railways.
In addition, we design and manufacture coupler systems that comply with specifications for higher speed trains and improved curving performance.
We have also developed a double-action-type rubber draft gear to enabling coupling longer and heavier trains and to reduce shock-noise on starting and braking. This mechanism is now widely employed in cars on private and public railways.
Rotary Key-Block Type Tight-Lock Automatic Coupler
Semi-Permanent Type Coupler
Tight-Lock Coupler for Shinkansen
Automatic Tight-Lock Coupler
Noise level: 10 to 15 dB reduction
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.