- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
In 1919, we built a gear factory, and until the middle of the 20th century we manufactured gears for various machines and railway trains, beginning with gears for nose-suspension drives for railway trains. Then we began manufacturing parallel cardan and perpendicular cardan drive units, and since then have been steadily engaged in the design and manufacture of railway train drive units and gear couplings. Our products currently are used by customers in Japan and abroad, in cars such as those used for the Shinkansen bullet train. This is thanks to our original designs that incorporate measures for high performance, solid construction and easy maintenance, as well as our use of sophisticated manufacturing technologies and facilities.
Based on our years of experience and performance, we offer total design of parts and components, including gears, gear cases and bearings, suited to each user's applications. In particular, in recent years, as new types of trains such as the Shinkansen are being built to run at higher speeds, we have continued to strive to incorporate improved weight, quietness, and safety performance into our development and design work in order to meet clients' expectations.
Superior testing facilities
Final inspection rolling rig testers, as well as a variety of other types of test equipment, such as high-speed loaded spin test equipment exclusively for drive units, normal- and low-temperature starting testers; and a swaying coupling load tester, allow us to provide optimized assessment and evaluation results.
Sophisticated manufacturing technology and facilities and an integrated quality control system
We are also equipped with steelmaking facilities, forging and heat treatment facilities, as well as gear machining and honing facilities, to supply a variety of high-quality gears under an integrated quality control system. In addition, our gear cases are highly precision-machined, and then assembled and inspected in a fully equipped cleanroom under strict control systems.
Gear assemblies for traditional railway cars (mono-block gear case)
Gear assemblies for traditional railway cars (split gear case)
Gear assemblies for Shinkansen bullet train cars (Aluminum gear case)
Drive unit mechanism
- GEAR CASE
- PINION SHAFT
- OIL FLINGER
- GEAR CASE SUSPENSION
- GROUND DEVICE
- OIL LEVEL GAUGE
- GEAR COUPLING
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.