- Oct. 01, 2020 Our new product "FeLuceTM" (hairline-finished electroplated steel sheet) wins the Good Design Award 2020 ～Our first steel sheet to win the Good Design Award～
- Feb. 14, 2019 NSSMC Receives Shell’s Supplier Award
- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
STEEL SHEET PILES
Leading the New Era on Steel Sheet Pile with Pioneer Spirits
The steel sheet piles of NIPPON STEEL are used in many fi elds (port and harbor structures, river revetments, retaining walls and cofferdams) and have acquired high market acceptance due to their excellent product quality and construction effi ciencies that derive from their use.
NIPPON STEEL, drawing a wealth of rolling, fabrication and construction methods in these fi elds, which have also won for the company a high reputation.
Based on an accumulation of technical expertise, NIPPON STEEL has developed and placed on the market solution proposal using all our available products at a maximum.
NIPPON STEEL will continue its efforts to develop novel products that bring the properties of sheet piles into full play and to respond to more stringent and diversifying user needs in the future.
Wide Selection of Shapes and Types
Sheet pile is available in a wide range of section modulus per meter of pile wall, ranging from 874 to 21,846 cm³/m. This allows selection of the most economical type of sheet pile to meet the design requirements and the intended construction method.
Superb Drivability and Watertightness
The clearance between the two threaded interlocks is moderate enough to ensure both excellent drivability and reliable watertightness.
Hat-type sheet piles
- Superb drivability
- The large sectional area of the Hat-type sheet pile realizes superior drivability.
- High structural reliability
- No reduction is required in sectional properties to consider the possible lack of shear force transmission at the interlocks, which is true for U-type steel sheet piles.
- Excellent cost-effectiveness
- The amount of steel per unit wall can be reduced, resulting in improved total cost.
U-type sheet piles
- U-type sections have been widely used for various types of permanent and temporary structures, and are one of the most familiar sheet piles among both designers and users.
- NS-SP-Ⅱ,Ⅲ,ⅢA,Ⅳ,ⅤL and ⅥL are solidly designed. These sections are especially suitable for repeated use, and have acquired high market acceptance from users.
- U-type sections offer section modulus ranging from 874 cm3/m to 3,820 cm3/m.
Corner-section Sheet Piles: As Rolls
- Corner-section sheet piles are a newly developed type produced by rolling, to replace the conventional T-shape corner-sheet piles produced by welding. Thus, these eliminate the need for welding and other fabrication processes and are far lighter in weight.
- For assembly, the conventional cast equipment can be used as-is.
- In particular, Larssen sheet piling has been adopted as a base for the shape of corner joints, in order to prevent detachment, and therefore, particularly, joint performance such as fitment and repetition endurance is excellent.
- Close-proximity installation
- NS-SP-J piles can be installed in close proximity to existing structures, permitting the construction of retaining walls abutting site boundaries and making maximum use of the site area.
- 100% intelock integrity
- As interlocks are located on the outermost side of the wall, there is no need to consider the reduction of sectional properties due to slip on interlocks, and this permits economical design.
- Cost-saving and Work-shortening of Temporary Work
- Cost-saving and the shortening of temporary work time Compared to conventional steel sheet piles for temporary work with an effective width of 400 mm, NS-SP-J has an effective width of 600 mm. This makes it possible to reduce the number of installed piles, with less cost and improved water tightness.
Straight web-type sheet piles
- This type of sheet pile boasts extremely high tensile strength at its interlocking sections, up to 5.88 MN per linear meter of joint length, and is suited for use in cellular-type structures, such as quay walls, manmade island seawalls, cofferdams, and other similar projects.
In addition, we can provide the longest product currently possible: a maximum of 38.0 m.
- 1. General
- (1) Usage
- (2) Example of solution proposed by us
- (3) Product lineup
- (4) Grade and tolerances
- (5) Production process
- (6) Our engineering support system
- 2. Products
- (1) Hat-type sheet pile
- (2) Hat-type and H-shape combined high stiffness steel sheet piles
- (3) Straight web-type sheet piles
- (4) Steel sheet pile cell method
- (5) U-type sheet piles
- (6) Combined walls
- (7) NS-SP-J
- (8) Corner-section sheet piles : As rolls
- 3. Attachment
- (1) Corner-section sheet pile
- (2) Tie rod, guide frame, coping
- (3) Driving method
- (4) Joint method
- (5) Watertightness
- (6) Anticorrosion system
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of Nippon Steel. We appreciate your understanding.